About Power for the People
Vision: Empowered, healthy, prosperous communities.
Mission: Building sustainable communities for the world’s poorest people, using a backbone of clean technology, to eradicate extreme, multi-dimensional poverty.
Values: Sustainability, Accountability, Innovation, and Partnership & Collaboration.
▪ Environmental, Operational and Financial Sustainability.
▪ Pilot, Scale-up, Replicate.
▪ Handshakes not handouts.
▪ Innovation, Partnership, and Inclusion.
What we do
We provide clean technologies, expertise, flexible financing, market support and training to help communities kickstart their own development.
▪ Solar electricity for income generation, education and healthcare
▪ Cleantech for water pumping, irrigation, bio-toilets, smokeless cooking
▪ Sustainable approaches to crop-, poultry- and fish- farming to create livelihoods.
The Trustee Role
Charity trustees are the people who share ultimate responsibility for governing a charity and directing how it is managed and run. Being a trustee carries a lot of responsibility – it means making decisions that will impact on people’s lives.
It is also incredibly rewarding – you will be making a difference to some of the most 2 marginalised and vulnerable communities in the world, and helping tackle the climate emergency for those who have been impacted the most.
How to apply
Submit your CV with a 1-page max cover letter outlining what excites you about being a PFP trustee, and what you think you can bring to the role, to firstname.lastname@example.org.